As experienced primary school teachers, both Jo and Steph understand the positive impact of taking learning outside the classroom. They are constantly looking at ways to enrich learning by enhancing and using the natural woodland environment creatively to inspire.
To further add to this provision, they have both successfully qualified as Forest School Leaders allowing Led by the Wild to offer an even greater range of outdoor learning opportunities running our own Forest School groups.
What is Forest School?
In the words of The Forest School Association:
‘Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.’
For further information, please follow the link below.
Six Principles of Forest School:
Forest School :
- is a long term process of regular, frequent visits to a woodland or natural environment
- sessions develop a relationship between the learner and the natural world
- promotes the holistic development of all involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
- offers learners the opportunities to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and themselves
- is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice
- uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning
Autumn provides us with so many
Bringing Fire to Led by the